Search This Blog

Monday, January 17, 2011

Adjustments

Well, it's four in the morning here but one p.m. Sunday back home.  So, I'm wide awake.  My first day of work is today and the first challenge will be finding the building.  It's only a five minute walk but I'm downtown with buildings and signs everywhere.  I try to find markers that I will remember but everything is unique!!

I had lunch yesterday with the school director and her husband.  We had traditional kimchi, vegetables, and sliced pork while sitting on the floor.  I loved the spicy food and fumbled with the chopsticks to my boss's amusement.  We then had coffee in a very American type cafe.  Starbucks, Dominos, and Outback steakhouse are all downtown.  The shopping malls are too large to describe and the crowds are even bigger.  They advised me to go during the week.  I need to get groceries but am intimidated to say the least.  Losing a little weight here should be quite attainable.  I'll have more after my day of observing the classroom.  Cheers

3 comments:

  1. We love you but really don't miss you yet. :D Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have an address that you can send me? I'll send you a care package full of goodies. Just kidding about not missing you. Of course we do. I'm so glad we got to hang out on our trip to Chicago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy each moment in your new culture, see the sights, explore with open eyes, ears, and mind. Remember to say hello back almost each time you hear that word since it is directed at you (lesson learned during China visit).

    ReplyDelete